Today, I want to encourage you to make time for PLAY
So, what does this mean? Play is all about creating, enjoying, exploring, feeling good, light, happy, joyful, and most of all - feeling into ourselves.
This is so important not only as we get older, but as life happens and we get busy and stressed, PLAY is the first thing to go. Think about it, in life we have: Fun/Play, Rest, Work, Parent
- Work and parenting are mandatory
- Rest is too, although we put that off or get as little as possibly needed to still "function"
- This is exactly why Fun is always the first to go
We are all about productivity thanks to social pressures and societal norms, but also simply the responsibilities of being adults. Productivity is important. It matters. It is essential. It comes with the territory. Which it should. But it doesn't need to be everything and it doesn't need to replace PLAY. Since when did it have to be one or the other?
This, I truly believe, is what leads to burnout and overwhelm.
I want you to ask yourself, "how can I make time and space..."
- For play
- To create
- To have fun
- To brainstorm
- To make myself feel good
When you lack the time and space for this, ultimately you are disowning your capacity for enjoyment and pleasure to exist. Yet, let's be honest - how fulfilling can life really be if it lacks joy and pleasure and fun?
Start now by figuring out:
- What is a SPARK for you? What ignites something playful or fun or creative in you?
- How can you find a pathway to joy today?
- If you're really stuck, think of your teenage years or earlier. This was a time when we were much more carefree in the sense that we could easily get lost in a moment without the stress of working/parenting/adult life getting immediately in the way.
Maybe it was singing in the shower, dancing around blaring your favorite song, coloring, scrapbooking, doing gymnastics in the grass, or figuring out a puzzle. Just find something that used to light you up without much effort and try it out again.
It may take time and it may take some self-talk to get you out of your head and into your body. But, no matter what, keep trying until you feel the fun, playful side coming out - even if just for a moment.
Channel that inner child and feel that life that is inside of you and let it shine. Today and every day. You deserve it. You are worth it.